The New England Sports Network (NESN), owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins, is the definitive source for New England sports programming and has consistently been one of the top rated regional sports networks in the country. We are looking for an ENG Photographer to join our Operations team.
This is primarily an ENG sports news videographer position for NESN’s Red Sox, Bruins, and news shows productions. This position may also require feature or documentary style shooting from time-to-time. A well-rounded content production background is necessary with a positive “can-do” attitude. The job will require travel to remote locations for games and evening work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Shoot various subjects and subject matter using television broadcasting or video recording cameras and related equipment at remote locations and/or in studio. Edit material in the field with and without producer guidance.
- Make key contributions towards enhancing the creative quality of content during field productions and field produce with a high level of proficiency.
- Work with Engineering and vendor support to quickly resolve all photographic and field transmission production-system related issues.
- Ingest content from portable media storage to SONY MPBPS.
- Set up and ensure availability and readiness of equipment. Monitor equipment performance.
- Provide field maintenance of equipment.
- Gear Maintenance, repair and photography shop upkeep.
- Troubleshoots and corrects camera settings and first and second level equipment problems.
- Regularly develop and execute new and unique ideas.
- May produce and edit content for on-air and digital productions.
- Develop ability to deliver content remotely to studio via fiber optic feed, cellular-bonded technology, IP or FTP
- Work with manager to identify individual operator developmental and training needs.
- Mentors and trains Content Producer in developing photography skills and knowledge.
- Work closely with studio and field producers and closely execute their production vision.
- Maintain a high level of communication with production to assure superior performance in support of the Operation department.
- Regularly contribute to, and may lead, new and innovative shoots, productions, and initiatives.
- Implement assigned projects independently with periodic guidance from management.
- Determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Work is subject to general oversight by management and evaluated with reference to deadlines and quality.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2-5 years ENG and EFP photography production work.
- Strong understanding of all aspects involved with live event television production and the ability to prioritize needs quickly and efficiently. Successful track record of working in a fast-paced, loosely structured environment.
- Proficiency with ENG, remote game cameras, DSLR, and Prosumer HD camera operations.
- Proficiency in field lighting, use of diffusers and reflectors.
- Understands how to configure video formats and frame rates in camera setup menu.
- Proficiency knowledge of the effects of various lenses.
- Ability to shoot documentary style and creative content.
- Proficiency in audio gathering process and using wireless audio equipment.
- Ability to use and learn game production cameras and shoot hockey or baseball.
- Demonstrates clear expertise and in-depth working knowledge of relevant technical concepts and related processes.
- Great attitude, charisma and personality with a track record as a positive, “do it all” force. Collaborative with all production and operations team members.
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision but also able to work effectively within a team environment especially reporters, individual contributors, and anchors.
- Light field laptop editing knowledge a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs of photography gear.
- Ability to work with flexibility including nights, holidays, and weekends is necessary.
- Regular Travel required.
NESN is an E.O.E.