The New England Sports Network (NESN), owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins, is the definitive source for New England sports programming and has consistently been one of the top rated regional sports networks in the country. We are looking for a Production Assistant to join our Production team.
As directed by show producers and associate producers (APs), the Production Assistant will provide support to both studio and news productions by logging and editing videotape, writing copy when necessary, researching, and archiving stories and video.
This is a temporary, full-time position that is part of NESN’s Production Program which is a 12 month program. This position comes with health and dental benefits, and an opportunity to gain solid production experience with the possibility to join the NESN team as a permanent employee.
- Screen and log videotape
- Clear and melt videotape
- Edit highlights
- Write/edit feature packages as directed. Assist producers and APs in securing and organizing production materials for events and studio shows, including rundown copying and distribution
- Update and maintain The Edge
- Operate teleprompter
- Oversee font coordination
- Administrative support to include overnight mailing, labeling, photocopying
- Successfully complete other related tasks/assignments as needed
- Knowledgeable about the various aspects of TV production
- Solid knowledge of New England sports, particularly baseball and hockey and preferably major Boston sports teams
- Solid internet research skills
- Editing experience (specifically non-linear) preferred
- Creativity and drive and the ability to contribute ideas to the production are a must
- Good understanding of the concepts of script writing and execution of broadcast television
- Strong work ethic, reliable and professional
- Solid organizational skills; Strong communication and interpersonal skills, must possess a positive “can-do” attitude
- Ability to successfully work in a fast paced, loosely structured, growing and changing work environment; must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision but also able to work effectively within a team environment
- Able to work weekends, nights and holidays as needed
NESN is an E.O.E.