Creative Services Production Assistant Internship
The New England Sports Network (NESN), owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins, is the definitive source for New England sports programming and has consistently been one of the top rated regional sports networks in the country. We are looking for a team of driven and enthusiastic interns to join us for the summer 2017 semester! This is a great opportunity for current college students looking to gain experience in a fast-paced work environment learning from our experienced team.
We are looking for a talented Creative Services Production Assistant intern to join our Creative Services team over the summer. This position reports directly to the Director of Creative Services and is 15-20 hours/week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Shadow promotion producers to gain a strong overview of the writing, editing and decision-making responsibilities of the Creative Services Producer role.
- View highlight footage and pull selects. Catalog/log selects.
- Assist in Creative Services’ shoots (pre-production, production assistant, etc.)
- Research and present media market trends and styles
- Organize Creative Services’ media library (including converting, logging and labeling original footage, ingesting to the video server, etc.)
- Research and compile sports news and storylines for topical promotions and scripts.
- Simple editing for Sales and Marketing support
- Other duties as they arise
- Some night and weekend work may be scheduled
- Working on BA/BS degree in Production, Marketing, Liberal Arts or TV/Radio/Film preferred.
- Previous experience in Video Post Production with an emphasis in Marketing preferred.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (word processing, spreadsheets), Adobe Premiere required; Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Must have technical working knowledge of state-of-the-art video/film/audio production and post-production techniques and equipment.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Interest in sports preferred.
NESN is an E.O.E.