The New England Sports Network (NESN), owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins, is the definitive source for New England sports programming and has consistently been one of the top rated regional sports networks in the country. We are looking for a team of driven and enthusiastic interns to join us for the summer 2017 semester! This is a great opportunity for current college students looking to gain experience in a fast-paced work environment learning from our experienced team.
We are looking for a talented intern to provide a variety of support to NESN.com’s daily operations while gaining valuable experience in various aspects of new media.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create pre- and post-game pages
- Copy edit, post and update stories
- Edit and post relevant video, photos and audio content
- Research future projects
- Assist with other facets of editorial Web production
- Potential writing opportunities may exist
- Must have solid knowledge of and interest in sports — a background in hockey and/or baseball is especially helpful
- Available and willing to work night and weekend shifts
- Excellent research and organizational skills and must be detail oriented
- Must possess basic journalistic skills — copy editing, familiarity with AP Style, etc.
- Ability to be successful working in a fast paced, loosely structured environment
- Should have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision but also able to work effectively within a team environment
- Experience working with/having knowledge of new media practices and/or multiple media formats text, video, audio and photo – is a plus
- Pursuing a degree in Journalism, Communications, English or a related field is preferred
NESN is an E.O.E.