Graphic Design Internship
The New England Sports Network (NESN), owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins, is the definitive source for New England sports programming and has consistently been one of the top rated regional sports networks in the country. We are looking for a team of driven and enthusiastic interns to join us for the summer 2017 semester! This is a great opportunity for current college students looking to gain experience in a fast-paced work environment learning from our experienced team.
Reporting directly to the Art Director, the Graphics Design Intern will create dynamic and informative on-air graphics and design for daily and weekly NESN Programming, including the Sox and Bruins pre-game and post-game shows, NESN SportsDesk, and more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Creative Services designers to provide both creative and technical support for network design projects, nightly assignments, as well as short and long term projects as assigned by the Art Director and/or Director of Creative Services
- Create and maintain resource databases, including sports graphics, logos, photography and more
- Collaborate and contribute on to all NESN design and animation projects, adding to the overall look of the network
- Work afternoon/evening shifts which are predominantly based around the Bruins broadcast schedule
- Design and deliver on-air television graphics on a daily basis, including design elements for on-set monitors, and full-screen promotional graphics
- Other related projects and duties as required
- Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator. Must have completed Graphic Design courses in Typography and layout
- Experienced in Mac-based design
- A strong sense of design and typography, and apply both in an informative manner
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task under tight deadlines in a live television environment
- Good communication skills
- Overall television production background and knowledge of sports a plus
- Solid track record of successfully working in a fast paced, loosely structured environment
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision but also able to work effectively within a team environment
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Able to work afternoon and evening shifts
NESN is an E.O.E.