The New England Sports Network (NESN), owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins, is the definitive source for New England sports programming and has consistently been one of the top rated regional sports networks in the country. We are looking for a team of driven and enthusiastic interns to join us for the summer 2017 semester! This is a great opportunity for current college students looking to gain experience in a fast-paced work environment learning from our experienced team.
We are looking for a talented Marketing Intern to provide support to the Marketing & Communication Manager and Marketing Coordinator in the areas of marketing research, sales promotions, viewer feedback and social media tracking, website management, barter relationships, charity relations, and other special projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct research for NESN press releases and website updates
- Respond to viewer inquiries about NESN programming/distribution
- Use Nielsen ratings system to track success of NESN’s programming initiatives
- Identify trends and prepare ratings research for presentation to marketing managers
- Monitor and suggest updates to keep online information about NESN current
- Monitor local and national media for NESN related stories
- Assist with sales promotions, draft rules, screen entries, fulfill prizes
- Assist with planning and implementation of client events, charity relations projects and events, and promotional campaigns and special events
- Schedule and upload NESN video content for website
- Update media/marketing contact lists
- Other related tasks as requested and needed
- Interest in sports a plus. Let’s go Red Sox!
- Strong work ethic and ability to work flexible hours
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task efficiently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Major in communications, marketing or sports management preferred
- Ability to be successful working in a fast paced, loosely structured environment
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision but also able to work effectively within a team environment
NESN is an E.O.E.