Original NESN Entertainment (ONE) Programming Internship
The New England Sports Network (NESN), owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins, is the definitive source for New England sports programming and has consistently been one of the top rated regional sports networks in the country. We are looking for a team of driven and enthusiastic interns to join us for the summer 2017 semester! This is a great opportunity for current college students looking to gain experience in a fast-paced work environment learning from our experienced team.
We are looking for a talented Programming Intern to provide support to the Director of Programming/Coordinating Producer and Senior Producer of NESN Original Entertainment Productions (ONE) programs in the evaluation, development, and production of new and existing programs. This position is 15-20 hours/week, from May – August.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist NESN producers on field shoots
- Assist in Digital Media outreach/promotion for ONE programs
- Log interview footage
- Research potential show/story ideas
- Screen program submissions from outside parties
- Assist in the execution of select show-related events
- Schedule and upload NESN video content for program websites
- Provide one to three hours per week of coverage for the front reception area to greet visitors, answer phones, answer customer inquiries, etc.
- Other related tasks as requested and needed
- Strong work ethic and ability to work flexible hours
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task efficiently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Video editing skills preferred
- Radio/TV/Film or Journalism or Broadcast Communications major preferred
- Ability to be successful working in a fast paced, loosely structured environment
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision but also able to work effectively within a team environment
NESN is an E.O.E.