The New England Sports Network (NESN), owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins, is the definitive source for New England sports programming and has consistently been one of the top rated regional sports networks in the country. We are looking for a team of driven and enthusiastic interns to join us for the summer 2017 semester!
This is a great opportunity for current college students looking to gain experience in a fast-paced work environment learning from our experienced team. This position reports directly to the Local Sales Manager and works closely with the Account Executives and Local Sales Coordinator on our sales team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and assist in presentations for Account Executives to pitch to clients
- Prospect potential clients and present to sales team
- Attend and participate in weekly sales meeting
- Distribute posting reports and analysis to Account Executives and clients
- Clip sponsor spots through the Volicon Database
- Assist with additional adjustments within our Wide Orbit database
- Review and analyze daily Nielsen Data
- Organize and send out express mail packages
- Create and present presentation to sales team at the end of the semester
- Provide one to three hours per week of coverage for the front reception area greeting visitors, answering phones, answering customer inquiries, etc.
- Assist sales team with any other day-to-day requests or related tasks as assigned
- Interest in sports
- Ability to learn and utilize new software applications and various type of equipment used for technical editing and dubbing
- Excellent organizational skills and must be detail oriented
- Ability to be successful working in a fast paced, loosely structured environment
- Should have strong communication skills
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision but also able to work effectively within a team environment
NESN is an E.O.E.