Sr. Systems Administrator
The New England Sports Network (NESN) is owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins and is the definitive source for New England sports programming. Reporting directly to the IT Manager, the primary role of the Senior Systems Administrator is to be the subject matter expert for all core infrastructure including virtualization, storage, networking and security. Supporting knowledge and experience with operating systems, peripherals, and applications will be used to provide reliable and timely escalated support to critical corporate systems for the entire NESN user community of approximately 225+ users. We are looking for a talented and experienced senior-level technical person to propose, design, develop, and implement desktop, server, network, security, application, and telephone upgrades and installations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide timely and effective desktop and server support to NESN users
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve network performance issues
- Consistently re-prioritize break-fix issues and projects effectively and successfully
- Propose and recommend desktop, server and network upgrades, patches, new applications and equipment. Purchase new hardware and software as needed.
- Setup, configure, and support internal and/or external networks
- Configure and support remote SSL/VPN access
- Support company iPhones and the MobileIron MDM platform
- Manage and maintain vendor and manufacturer relationships to resolve IT issues
- Proactively maintain network, server and end point security
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working in a fast-paced, loosely structured environment
- Bachelors degree or higher preferred
- VMware VCP certification desired
- Cisco CCENT or CCNA networking certification desired
- MCSE Server 2008, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 certification desired
- CISSP security certification desired
- More than eight (8) years of experience in a system administration role.
- Must have experience with the following technologies: VMware vSphere 5.5/6.0, EMC/HP NFS/iSCSI/NAS storage, and a thorough understanding of TCP/IP networking. Experience with VMware and EMC based disaster recovery (SRM) a big plus.
- Demonstrable experience with the following technologies desired: Windows Server 2008/2012, AD GPO policies, Exchange 2010, SQL 2008/2012, Microsoft Office 2007/2010, Windows 7/10, backup systems, desktop, laptop, server hardware, Avaya VOIP phones, Anti-Virus (Sophos), iPhones/iPads, mobile device management (MobileIron), Aerohive wireless, Proofpoint end point security, Cisco networks, Check Point firewalls and firewall policies in general.
- Works primarily days but some nights and weekends required.
NESN is an E.O.E.