Sr. HR Generalist
Are you an energetic, well rounded HR professional looking for an opportunity to join the top Regional Sports Network in the country?
NESN is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Generalist to join our HR team. In this role you will be responsible for applying business knowledge and human resources expertise while performing a wide range of HR-related functions. The ideal candidate will play a key role in the success of the organization by offering guidance on HR best practices while facilitating a positive relationship between employees, management and the HR team.
- Support the HR department in implementing and administering programs to help improve the employee experience. Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies and procedures.
- Manage full lifecycle recruitment and develop creative and innovative strategies for sourcing and acquiring top talent. Develop recruitment initiatives, services, and solutions that apply contemporary internet based and social media strategies.
- Build relationships with key internal/external partners to assure that our outreach is inclusive and our talent pipelines are rich and diverse.
- Recommend new approaches to continuously improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Provide high-quality advice and service to management of all levels on daily employee relations and performance management issues.
- Improve manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions, coaching and counseling managers and employees. Manage employee relations issues.
- Leverage technology; HRIS, ATS, and Performance Management system, and ensure reporting and efficiency of use.
- Complete analysis and able to translate data into insight, builds dashboards and enables data driven decisions.
- Complete special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information.
- Proactively develop business and industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining professional networks.
- Support the onboarding and orientation of employees.
- Collaborate with the HR team and business leaders and establish relationships with senior leaders and client groups to fully understand their objectives.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Business/Human Resources/Organizational Development or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years HR experience in the fields of HR policy and procedures, employee relations, and organizational effectiveness.
- SHRM Certified Professional or HRCI Certified Professional
- Strong, outgoing personality; able to connect quickly and build trusting relationships
- Demonstrated sound judgment and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to engage effectively at all levels of the organization and be a strong contributing team member.
- Results orientation, creative problem solving, high quality decision making with a strong mindset for continuous improvement to meet or exceed expectations.
- Demonstrated expertise sourcing, recruiting and placing talent from a multi-source pipeline including internal candidates, Internet scouring, networking, direct sourcing methodologies, conferences, and universities.
- Expert knowledge in full lifecycle recruitment, including thorough pre-qualification screening, interviewing and closing professional level candidates across multiple levels and disciplines
- Solid knowledge of legal issues and requirements of employee labor laws, ensuring the organization develops appropriate policies and implements systems that are legally compliant
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Aptitude in problem-solving and ability to resolve conflicts.
- Desire to work as part of a team with a results driven approach.