Technical Operations Supervisor
The New England Sports Network (NESN) is owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins and is the definitive source for New England sports programming. We are looking for a Technical Operations Supervisor to join out Operations team.
Reporting to the Technical Operations Manager, the Technical Operations Supervisor is responsible for overseeing master control and video shading and supervising all permanent part-time and seasonal part-time personnel within the technical operations area. This position will work as part of a collaborative operations team and have superior knowledge of the technical operations in master control and video control including signal flow in a multi layered signal environment. Responsibilities include providing support to other departments as it pertains to master control and video control duties, assisting the Tech Ops Manager in developing and implementing daily procedures for training and mentoring of master control and production technician staff, and providing assistance in scheduling and evaluating staff and maintaining budgetary guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee daily operation of master control and video control.
- Supervise and manage part-time and seasonal technical operations employees including managing performance, conducting reviews, managing employee relations and assuring compliance with existing company policies and procedures.
- Work with the Technical Operations Manager to identify individual operator developmental and training needs; make recommendations as to hiring, advancement, promotion, termination and other change of status of master control and production technician operators.
- Provide feedback for the individual performance reviews of full-time employees.
- Work with the technical operations manager in the training, development and scheduling of staff for maximum efficiency.
- Assist with training of operators as needed based on experience and needs of the department.
- Recommend and implement new procedures as dictated by the developing needs of the network both on a technical and operational level.
- Maintain a high level of communication with engineering, traffic and programming to assure superior performance in support of those departments.
- Maintain superior knowledge of master control and video control areas as well as overall knowledge of signal flow through all areas of operations; assist technical operations manager in developing and recommending improvements.
- Provide support as operator in duties assigned to master control and video control.
- Participate in developmental programs to improve and enhance supervisory skills and knowledge.
- Successfully complete other related projects and tasks as needed
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- 3+ years master control or 6+ years in a live production environment.
- 2+ years in team leadership position
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to supervise staff with all levels of experience and skills to achieve operational and company goals
- Strong understanding of all aspects involved with live event television production and the ability to prioritize needs quickly and efficiently
- Successful track record of working in a fast-paced, challenging, loosely structured environment
- Ability to work with flexibility including nights, holidays and weekends are necessary
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced, loosely structured, growing and changing work environment
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision but also able to work effectively within a team environment
- Must have a strong work ethic and a “can do”, positive attitude
NESN is an E.O.E.