EVS Editor Operator
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Technical and Production Operations, operates EVS-XT3 and SONY Xpri NLE editor to produce HD video clip highlights for studio support productions including Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins pre and post game shows, nightly sports news shows, At Home Game productions and other NESN programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate EVS to produce HD video clip highlights for Red Sox and Bruins Studio support shows and nightly NESN Daily programs
- Edits video and sound using an editing system.
- Evaluates and selects scenes for dramatic and entertainment qualities and story continuity.
- Implements solutions with very good editorial judgment that requires little redirection.
- Archive audio and video clips and maintain effective levels of clip storage
- Collaborate with Production and Operations team on available materials (Video/Sound)
- Recall video from past events for the creation of future products
- Work nights, weekends and/or holidays as needed
- Editing or Master Control playback operations experience is required
- Typically has 3 to 6 years of progressively complex related experience.
- Prior EVS and working knowledge of Xfile or IP Director Archiving system is a plus
- Knowledgeable in sports, especially Red Sox baseball, Bruins hockey, and New England sports in general
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, think quickly and remain calm under pressure
- Must be a detail oriented self starter and independent creative thinker
- Proven ability to work proactively with minimal direction
- Solid track record of successfully working in a fast paced, loosely structured, growing and changing work environment
- Strong ability to work closely with producers, editors and directors with a can-do attitude and work towards a common goal
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to manage conflict professionally and effectively
- Ability to work nights, weekends and/or holidays as needed
NESN is an equal opportunity employer!